WE WANT YOU TO JOIN OUR BOARD
If you believe Oakridge is one of the best communities in Calgary, the Oakridge Community Association (OCA) is looking for you to join our Board of Directors to:
- Contribute to the governance of OCA
- Serve as ambassadors of the OCA mission within the community,
- Help celebrate OCA’s 50th birthday and set the direction for our continued growth,
- Develop communications, fundraising and community engagement strategies.
Our expectations are simple. Board members must:
- Live in Oakridge and hold a current OCA membership,
- Attend monthly board meetings with the exception of July and August,
- Adhere to the Board code of ethics,
- Publically support OCA,
- Commit to a three year term.
Submit your expression of interest along with an attached CV or description of your background to Brian Pedlar email@example.com no later than Monday September 21st .
- Open Garden to be held Saturday, Aug. 1st at Oakridge Community Garden July 31, 2020An Open Garden is planned at the Oakridge Community Garden (OCG) this Saturday to answer any questions residents may have about the project.The Open Garden is a free event that will take place on Saturday, Aug. 1st from 10:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. where representatives from OCG will be present to provide information on the garden and […]
- Pedestrian bridge in Weaselhead Flats to be named after former councillor Barry Erskine July 31, 2020The pedestrian bridge in Weaselhead Flats will soon be named after the former Ward 11 councillor Barry Erskine. The motion was passed on July 20th and the official announcement was made at City Council on July 27th. The dedication will be announced in September at a yet to be confirmed date and time, as part […]
- Oakmore Park closed for season for irrigation project July 28, 2020The City of Calgary has started a project to install a new irrigation system in the sports fields in Oakridge, that will result in Oakmore Park being closed to residents through the summer and fall months. Blue fences already surround the park, located at the intersection of Oakfield Drive and Oakmoor Drive.The City is trying […]
- Significant portion of Southwest Ring Road to open by October July 27, 2020A significant portion of the Southwest Ring Road will be open to traffic possibly as early as Oct. 1st, which means Oakridge residents will have immediate access to the new roadway off both the 90th Avenue and Southland Drive connectors, which have been completed for months.The opening date for almost half of the ring road […]
- 26th Street linear pathway closed for summer June 29, 2020The linear pathway between Oakfield Drive and 26th Street S.W. will be closed for most of the summer for “irrigation line installation and water repairs.”According to the City of Calgary web site, the pathway was shut down on Thursday, June 25th and won’t re-open until Aug. 31st. (Although as of July 7th, the pathway was […]
- Quinterra Legacy Garden starts to take shape in South Glenmore Park June 23, 2020Calgary’s first fully dedicated musical garden and performance space is now under construction in South Glenmore Park, with an expected completion date in late August.The garden was created by the families of the five teens who lost their lives on April 15, 2014 in Brentwood. “Since this time, our five families have come together along […]
- South Glenmore bike track slated for completion by late August June 23, 2020The long-awaited South Glenmore Bicycle Pump Track is now under construction in South Glenmore Park and is slated for completion by late August.The track – the first of its kind in Canada – is a collaboration between the Calgary Mountain Bike Alliance, The City of Calgary, and Parks Foundation Calgary. It will be free to […]
- Grass Station opening marks the third cannabis shop to locate in Oakridge in a year June 22, 2020After many months of construction activity through the spring, The Grass Station Cannabis Boutique opened its doors on June 6th.Grass Station, located in the strip mall at the intersection of Southland Drive and Oakfield Drive S.W., means Oakridge is now served by three cannabis stores. Four20 Premium Market and Co-op Cannabis are the other two.Co-owner […]
- Oakridge Community Association AGM slated for Sept. 28th June 16, 2020The Oakridge Community Association (OCA) will host its Annual General Meeting on Monday, Sept. 28th at 7 p.m.The meeting will be held in the upstairs hall of the community centre, and all Oakridge residents are invited to attend. If you wish to have an item included on the agenda or want to join the discussion, […]
- Tsuu T'ina Nation Costco Set to Open on Friday, Aug. 28th June 12, 2020After some construction delays due to the COVID-19 crisis, the long-awaited Costco on the Tsuu T’ina Nation is set to open on Aug. 28th.While much of the building itself is already complete, another two months is needed to complete the infrastructure around the complex, including the access road. Presently, work is being completed on paving […]