WE WANT YOU TO JOIN OUR BOARD
If you believe Oakridge is one of the best communities in Calgary, the Oakridge Community Association (OCA) is looking for you to join our Board of Directors to:
- Contribute to the governance of OCA
- Serve as ambassadors of the OCA mission within the community,
- Help celebrate OCA’s 50th birthday and set the direction for our continued growth,
- Develop communications, fundraising and community engagement strategies.
Our expectations are simple. Board members must:
- Live in Oakridge and hold a current OCA membership,
- Attend monthly board meetings with the exception of July and August,
- Adhere to the Board code of ethics,
- Publically support OCA,
- Commit to a three year term.
Submit your expression of interest along with an attached CV or description of your background to Brian Pedlar email@example.com no later than Monday September 21st .
- 26th Street linear pathway closed for summer June 29, 2020The linear pathway between Oakfield Drive and 26th Street S.W. will be closed for most of the summer for “irrigation line installation and water repairs.”According to the City of Calgary web site, the pathway was shut down on Thursday, June 25th and won’t re-open until Aug. 31st. (Although as of July 7th, the pathway was […]
- Quinterra Legacy Garden starts to take shape in South Glenmore Park June 23, 2020Calgary’s first fully dedicated musical garden and performance space is now under construction in South Glenmore Park, with an expected completion date in late August.The garden was created by the families of the five teens who lost their lives on April 15, 2014 in Brentwood. “Since this time, our five families have come together along […]
- South Glenmore bike track slated for completion by late August June 23, 2020The long-awaited South Glenmore Bicycle Pump Track is now under construction in South Glenmore Park and is slated for completion by late August.The track – the first of its kind in Canada – is a collaboration between the Calgary Mountain Bike Alliance, The City of Calgary, and Parks Foundation Calgary. It will be free to […]
- Grass Station opening marks the third cannabis shop to locate in Oakridge in a year June 22, 2020After many months of construction activity through the spring, The Grass Station Cannabis Boutique opened its doors on June 6th.Grass Station, located in the strip mall at the intersection of Southland Drive and Oakfield Drive S.W., means Oakridge is now served by three cannabis stores. Four20 Premium Market and Co-op Cannabis are the other two.Co-owner […]
- Oakridge Community Association AGM slated for Sept. 28th June 16, 2020The Oakridge Community Association (OCA) will host its Annual General Meeting on Monday, Sept. 28th at 7 p.m.The meeting will be held in the upstairs hall of the community centre, and all Oakridge residents are invited to attend. If you wish to have an item included on the agenda or want to join the discussion, […]
- Tsuu T'ina Nation Costco Set to Open on Friday, Aug. 28th June 12, 2020After some construction delays due to the COVID-19 crisis, the long-awaited Costco on the Tsuu T’ina Nation is set to open on Aug. 28th.While much of the building itself is already complete, another two months is needed to complete the infrastructure around the complex, including the access road. Presently, work is being completed on paving […]
- Restaurant openings continue in Oakridge June 12, 2020Carmine’s Pizzeria and Nellie’s on 90th are the latest two restaurants to open in Oakridge, as the community slowly emerges from the COVID-19 shutdown.A renovated Nellie’s re-opened at 50% capacity on June 5th, while Carmine’s opened its doors on June 11th. And the Oriental Phoenix recently posted a sign on its front door indicating it […]
- Oakridge sees significant drop in crime during COVID-19 crisis May 26, 2020Oakridge experienced only three crimes in April, less than half the crimes from the previous month and a third of the number crimes from the same month a year ago.The community in April experienced one break-and-enter and two vehicle-related crimes (either theft of or theft from a vehicle.)Year-to-date, Oakridge has experience 84 crimes, essentially matching […]
- Oakridge Community Centre slowly begins to re-open May 26, 2020As restrictions slowly lift across the city, our Oakridge community is starting to come back to life.While the Oakridge Community Centre itself remains closed for now, the Oakridge tennis courts have re-opened for tennis and pickleball. Bookings have to be made through the Oakridge community web site (www.oakridgecommunity.ca) and you must be a member of […]
- Plant Exchange 2020 this weekend as Oakridge Community Garden starts taking shape May 26, 2020The Oakridge Community Garden (OCG), an initiative led by the Oakridge Community Association (OCA)’s Hugh Stewart and a group of dedicated volunteers, is starting to take shape just east of the outdoor rink.This past week, five raised beds were installed at the site, with several more expected to be installed this week. Also being delivered […]