Oakridge Community Association AGM
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, all attendees will need to pre-register for the AGM, with registration opening on Tuesday, September 8th at 8 a.m.
Those who are interested in attending, should email email@example.com. Attendance will be limited to one person per OCA membership, with a cap on the first 50 people to registration, in order to allow for proper social distancing at the event.
A current OCA membership and masks are required to attend the AGM.
We Want You To Join Our Board
If you believe Oakridge is one of the best communities in Calgary, the Oakridge Community Association (OCA) is looking for you to join our Board of Directors to:
- Contribute to the governance of OCA
- Serve as ambassadors of the OCA mission within the community,
- Help celebrate OCA’s 50th birthday and set the direction for our continued growth,
- Develop communications, fundraising and community engagement strategies.
Our expectations are simple. Board members must:
- Live in Oakridge and hold a current OCA membership,
- Attend monthly board meetings with the exception of July and August,
- Adhere to the Board code of ethics,
- Publically support OCA,
- Commit to a three year term.
Submit your expression of interest along with an attached CV or description of your background to Brian Pedlar firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday September 21st .
- Learn to Skate Program registration opens Oct. 1st September 3, 2020The Oakridge Community Association (OCA) is hosting a Learn to Skate Program for three- to six-year-olds at the Oakridge Arena, with two weekly classes set to kick off in mid-October.Registration opens on Oct. 1st at 7 a.m. through the registration portal at https://www.oakridgecommunity.ca.Classes run every Tuesday, from 9:30 to 10 a.m., starting Oct. 20th through […]
- Residents invited to Community Garden in early October for Oakridge Drum Circle September 2, 2020The Oakridge Community Garden and the Oakridge Seniors Association are co-presenting the community's first-ever Oakridge Drum Circle on Saturday, Oct. 3rd at 1:30 p.m.Everyone in the community is invited to attend the Circle, which offers "a sense of belonging, community building, and improved mental and physical health."Drums and percussion are provided; attendees are asked to […]
- 14th Street S.W. paving to take place throughout September August 31, 2020Oakridge residents should expect some major delays in the evenings along 14th Street S.W. as the city completes paving work along the main thoroughfare through the first three weeks of September.The paving work will mark the final step in the construction of the Southwest BRT, which has caused off and on traffic chaos along 14th […]
- Tsuu T'ina Nation Costco opens at 7 a.m. on Friday, Aug. 28th August 25, 2020The landscaping around the warehouse is almost complete and the parking lot has been paved. All that’s left is for the shelves to be stocked in advance of welcoming its first customers.That will happen right around sunrise on Friday, Aug. 28th, when the long-awaited Tsuu T’ina Costco opens its doors at 7 a.m.The new Costco, […]
- New pharmacy to open in Oakridge at the end of August August 23, 2020Oakridge Pharmacy will open its doors on Monday, Aug. 31st, providing Oakridge residents with another option to get their prescriptions filled.The pharmacy, which is presently under construction, will share space presently occupied by Lakeview Medical Clinic. Both the pharmacy and the clinic are located in the strip mall at the corner of Palliser Drive and […]
- Crime drops 37% in Oakridge due to COVID-19 August 20, 2020Oakridge has seen a significant year over year drop in crime this summer, as the community only experience five crimes this July, as compared to 14 crimes at the same time last year.For the year, crime is down 37% for the first seven months of this year, as compared to the first seven months of […]
- Apple Lady sets up shop on Mondays and Saturdays in front of Purlieu August 12, 2020Local fruit and vegetable wholesaler, the Apple Lady, has recently set up shop in the parking lot in front of Purlieu restaurant, providing Oakridge resident with an opportunity twice a week to purchase from Alberta and B.C.The green tent will be set up on Monday afternoons and Saturday mornings each week through the late summer […]
- Concert in the Garden takes place Sept. 9th at Oakridge Community Garden August 11, 2020The Oakridge Community Garden (OCG) and the Oakridge Seniors Association (OSA) will be co-presenting a “Concert in the Garden” on Wednesday, Sept. 9th at 1:30 p.m.Well-known songster and musical comedian Paul Finkleman will provide the afternoon’s musical entertainment. Finkleman has performed at numerous folk festivals and on multiple theatre stages across Alberta for years. Four […]
- Open Garden to be held Saturday, Aug. 1st at Oakridge Community Garden July 31, 2020An Open Garden is planned at the Oakridge Community Garden (OCG) this Saturday to answer any questions residents may have about the project.The Open Garden is a free event that will take place on Saturday, Aug. 1st from 10:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. where representatives from OCG will be present to provide information on the garden and […]
- Pedestrian bridge in Weaselhead Flats to be named after former councillor Barry Erskine July 31, 2020The pedestrian bridge in Weaselhead Flats will soon be named after the former Ward 11 councillor Barry Erskine. The motion was passed on July 20th and the official announcement was made at City Council on July 27th. The dedication will be announced in September at a yet to be confirmed date and time, as part […]